Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The Goody-Two-Shoes


https://images.fineartamerica.com
Many individuals spend each day of their lives going through the motions. Social media and traditional ways of living make it seem as if they have to follow a cookie cutter outline of how their life needs to be; perfect. The things we all read, see, and hear on a daily basis make us feel like we need to follow a particular path in order to be successful, in order to be the best we can be. We all catch ourselves doing this, living in black and white. I even catch myself doing this, and my life is just beginning. I get up everyday, follow the same morning routine, eating the same bland cereal. Packing up my things and heading to school, leading up to me going to work, then back to bed after finishing my homework for the evening. Why not add a little more color to our lives? Why not add a little more gray and blue. Instead of feeling like you have to sit and follow a routine to be successful, or even to write a paragraph each day. Why not do something out of the ordinary to spark a little bit of inspiration in yourself? If you're a writer, doing something out of the ordinary just might give you the extra push to complete the essay you've spent hours working on, blankly staring at on your computer screen. "That is the challenge: to let writing teach us about life and life about writing".  We must let things inspire us, in order to be inspired. Inspiration does not come from a straight path, but the trails that you decide to take along the way. This quote and concept is something that I hold dear to my heart. I have never been someone who can allow myself to stick to a routine, it's boring. I do not want to live a boring life, and I do not think anyone else in the world does either. If I ever find myself going through life, doing the same motions everyday, driving the same route to work because it's quicker, I will think back to this quote. Get up early and take a different route to work, allowing yourself to see views that you haven't noticed before. The Goody-Two-Shoes concept of always doing everything as perfect as possible, the same way to get something accomplished does not only apply to writers, but to life in general. Not only should writers take this concept into consideration when they hit a block, but everyone should. Allowing yourself to be inspired and see the meaningful, little things in life can greatly impact you. I myself will try to stray away from the goody-two-shoes rut when I am writing, allow myself to be inspired, and apply it to life in general. Life is too short to live in black and white, allow yourself to see some grays and blues as well, they're all around us waiting to be discovered. 

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to be inspired every day isn't it but if we aren't looking for things to inspire us then it is a no-brainer right? Applying the author's ideas to our own writing can help us see that we can find inspiration in many ways - perhaps creating a blog?? Some nice writing here.

    ReplyDelete